Experience an overnight journey touring from Shigakogen to Nozawaonsen across the mountain range that links these two incredible Honshu ski areas. This route is one the most classic touring routes in Japan with panoramic mountain views, old growth beach forests, hidden shrines and some great riding terrain.
These tours run on demand throughout March and early April. Spring is the ideal time for overnight winter camping trips in Honshu. Long days and warmer temperatures mean we can camp in comfort and travel easily. This is the perfect trip for those that want to gain experience in touring and snow camping.
This trip involves about 5-6 hours of travel each day. You need to be level 2 or above on the fitness scale. The terrain is mostly mellow angled and suitable for level 2 downhill ability. Previous snow camping experience is not essential.
- Experiences mountain guides
- Camping gear: Winter sleeping bag, sleeping mat, winter tent
- Dinner and breakfast
- Transport from Nozawa Onsen to Shiga
- Avalanche safety equipment, Transceiver, shovel and probe
- Lift tickets
You can rent:
- Touring skis or split-board with skins and touring poles (limited sizes available)
You need to provide:
- Your own ski or snowboard boots (touring ski boots can be hired at Nozawa Onsen)
- Head lamp (rental also available)
- Water bottle
- Suitable clothing
- A large backpack. Recommend 40l or over (rental also available)
- 2 lunches and snack food
- March 18-19
- March 25-26
- April 8-9
(other dates maybe possible upon request)
55,000 yen per person (minimum of 3 people required to run a tour)